Midwest Full-Depth Reclamation
When a parking lot or roadway has seemingly reached the end of its service life, Full Depth Reclamation may be the cost saving, environmentally smart solution to extend the life of your asphalt surface.
Full Depth Reclamation is a technique in which the full flexible pavement section and a predetermined portion of the underlying materials are uniformly crushed, pulverized, or blended, resulting in a stabilized base course. Further stabilization may be obtained through the use of available additives.
It takes specialized equipment and knowledgeable contracting professionals to perform the many steps in the asphalt reclamation process. Byrne & Jones Construction is ideally suited for the job, having performed many Full Depth Reclamation projects in the St. Louis area, the Metro East and throughout the Midwest.
Benefits of Full Depth Reclamation
- Conserves energy – no need to haul away or import new materials
- Conserves material – saves natural resources and energy
- Cost effective – no unnecessary trucking and disposal costs of existing materials and improved product performance reduces future maintenance costs
- Environmentally friendly – eliminates material disposal concerns and pollution from heating, mixing and hauling are reduced
- Improved performance – reflective cracking concerns are eliminated
Types of Full Depth Reclamation
- Mechanical Stabilization – addition of aggregate materials
- Chemical Stabilization – addition of lime, cement, or fly ash
- Bituminous Stabilization – addition of asphalt based emulsions or foamed asphalt